For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Saturday, October 22, 2016

colour study










First of all, please don't judge me on my painting skills....or lack of painting skills. I'm not a happy painter. What I am is a happy player, happy to play with thread, fabric, paper and I occasionally suffer my demons and hold a paintbrush for the minimum amount of time. 
Colour studies....I started the new one in the top image yesterday, a new idea. The class I have listed which will begin in just over a week will, (or was supposed to) consist mainly of old videos. Within those videos, in the first week are colour studies. I have been thinking though, I love a colour study, love to play like this so why not include extra, new video. What I am doing here is playing with ideas for that, for the new colour study ideas I have which will be included in the embroiderers ledger class.
There's still  along way to go with this one but who's in a hurry....not me....



No comments: